You guessed it folks, this salsa ROCKS! The pictures don't do it justice - you have to make it and taste it for yourself! What I love about this recipe is that you can tailor it to suit your own taste buds; although, this is a great base recipe and perfectly delicious all it's own without any changes/additions.
OK, down to the nitty-gritty... the recipe shared by a dear friend ... Thank you Lizz Pulido!
Blended Salsa - made approximately 2 cups
by Lizz Pulido
5 Roma tomatoes
2 Jalapeno peppers
Diced (Red) onions - [I used about 1/4 of the onion, not chopped up, I let the processor that care of that :)]
Handful Cilantro, chopped - (I did not chop up, I put it in whole, stems and all)
2-3 Garlic cloves
dash of Cumin
Salt to taste
(1/4 Fresh squeezed lime juice)
1. Put tomatoes and jalapeno peppers (whole and in tact) in boiling water. Boil until the skins on the tomatoes start to crack (about 7-9 minutes at rolling boil).
2. Using a slotted spoon, scoop tomatoes out into blender or food processor. Using same spoon, scoop peppers out and cut off the stems (quickly as they are hot!). Place in blender/food processor.
3. Blend tomatoes and peppers with onion, cilantro and garlic until desired consistency.
4. Add cumin and salt to taste.
5. Squeeze 1/4 fresh lime and stir.
Viola! You've got salsa that is fresh and to die for!
Again, Lizz Pulido, many thanks, you rock!